Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Awesome Possum

So, I went to my doctor's appointment today and I am 36 weeks along! Due date is still December 22nd. I told the doctor that I thought he had dropped, and she confirmed. She said he is in position (head down), and pointed out his various body parts to me (so the big lump on the left is his back! Ah ha!). She also said (without me asking), that I was probably going to deliver before my due date! YAY! I know everyone says to enjoy the freedom and sleep while I can get it, but there really isn't much freedom and sleep I can enjoy when I am 9 months pregnant and bursting at the seams! Today Sean and I put together the dresser (the last part of the room) and put up the Christmas tree/decorations. We haven't put the ornaments on yet or decorated outside (we thought we'd save that for tomorrow), but it looks really nice. The nursery is done. I put the clothes away and everything where it belongs. Aunt Hillary sent me a walker, a playtime mat, a doorway bouncer, a side sleeper positioner and some more cute clothes! I put all that together tonight also. I have already found my toy nemesis. It is this owl that came with the play mat that goes on an arch so the baby can bat at it. If he has the misfortune to spin the ball that is inside the owl's belly, it starts making this strange loud shrill tune that has very drawn out, shrill and tremorous notes. I'm only leaving it on there because despite the horrible noise that comes out of it, it is the most interesting thing there (to him) and I want him to strive to reach for it and be coordinated. Ah--the sacrifices. :-P lol.
So now that the nursery is done, I just have to pick up some more things. Definitely need baby wipes, shampoo, lotion and oil (don't plan on using those often but I'd like to once in a while), a waterproof mattress pad, a pad and sheet for the bassinet, baby monitor, a baby medicine/first aid kit, breast pump, and a fire extinguisher. Most of these things can wait--for instance I really don't need the monitor right away because he will be right next to me at night in his bassinet and with someone (Sean or I) all day. Won't need the pump for a while either. The rest is cheap stuff. It's good to know now before I have him! I'm not too worried about the wipes and nipple cream and stuff--I know they give you a bunch of stuff at the hospital. I'm sure I need a bazillion other things but honestly, I have everything essential already--got the baby, the boobs, the bassinet and the love!
Okay, just thought I'd post a little update. Have to get to bed--work tomorrow! By the way, my last day is Sunday. Work is going great but I can't wait to leave! There's way too many things that need to get done at home!

1 comment:

Tipa said...

I bought a huge box of baby wipes last weekend at Costco. I'll bring them up tomorrow (Friday). Nostromo has a vet appointment in the afternoon so I'll likely be up in the morning. I'll call you later today.