Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I KNOW--it's been forever

I'm sorry!!! I have been busy and when I haven't been busy I haven't felt up to writing a blog. I'm usually doing what pregnant women do best--lay around and obsess about the nursery. Okay well, I've done more than that. I obsess about the baby too :-P.
My life is going well. I'm feeling so good that I delayed my leave start date until December 4th instead of Thanksgiving. I have had no pain, no swelling, no bad symptoms (except bruised ribs). Okay, well, I get out of breath extremely easily, but that isn't a problem because I sit down most of the time anyway at work because I only groom small dogs. I went to the Marine Corps Ball with Sean in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago, and that was fun.
I had my baby shower and it was awesome--now I have everything besides some small stuff (baby wipes, baby wash and stuff) and the nursery is all set up. I washed all his clothes, organized them and put them away. I haven't packed my hospital bag yet but that can wait. I really don't think he is coming any time soon-I know that because I am an impatient person I am going to have to wait. Trying to think of other stuff...hmm. Well my best friend Jana and her two daughters are moving in next door, and that is going to be awesome. Her and I are the same sort of people where we both value personal space and time so we won't be bugging eatch other to hang out all the time, and she has had kids and totally understands that most of my spare (ok probably all of my spare) time I am going to want to spend with Matt. Sean is thinking about quitting his job in March or April and just watching Matt and going to school full-time. He would have classes two days a week on my days off, and have his other class online. He gets the GI bill and goes to drill so he would still have an income, and my new much-increased income will easily make up for his lost job income. He doesn't make much now as it is, and there isn't much profit margin now at his job because he spends a lot of money on gas because he is a pizza delivery driver. And by him taking time out from the job world to take care of his son, it's not like it'll hurt his career. In 2008 when he finishes school he is going to be able to get a good job (and if he can't find one, ITT Tech will place him in one). From what he tells me, professionally trained cookie-cutter ITT Tech graduates are sought after. He is still going to go to school, but by then Matt will be old enough to get something out of daycare like socialization and playing and learning with kids his own age. And I won't feel as guilty about leaving him there as I would if he were an infant. Anyway the way I worked it, it would not only be cost-effective for Sean to quit working and watch Matt (no paying for daycare), it would also be very good for Matt's well-being. Hopefully :-P.
Anyway, I am done training to be a groomer. I finished a couple weeks ago and am now just waiting for my certificate. I signed up for health benefits for next year with my work so I don't have to have MediCal, and everything is going well. I'm thinking maybe when Sean starts work again maybe I could cut down my work time and go to school. I can't and don't want to be a groomer forever!!! Maybe on the side. It is a lucrative career, but not one that I really want to do for my life. I would still absolutely love to be an english teacher. We'll see. I'll go to college for something exciting. I was going to go much sooner but having a kid sort of puts things at a standstill. At least one of us is going! Actually, if Sean makes enough money him and I could trade places-he could work and I could go to college. We'll see. Anyway I am super excited about the future and can't wait until Matt can be a part of our lives!!! Sean and I are estatic. Ahh...and I'll never have to feel another nasty rib kick from him again. Hopefully.
Okay well if I think of anything else I will post more, and I promise I'll try to post more often! No worries though, I will certainly be posting a bunch after December 4th!!!

No comments: