Wednesday, November 22, 2006

the day after the day before tomorrow

I am bored. I slept in, finished doing my Thanksgiving shopping, and am now sitting here, bored, writing stupid haikus in notepad. *sigh*. The nursery is complete except for the dresser (which I ordered last night), and the house is sorta messy but not messy enough to clean quite yet. Since things get messy fast around here I am going to hold off on the cleaning until later tonight. I could and probably will do it tomorrow morning while the turkey is cooking. I made rice crispy treats on request of joey--even though I kept saying how easy they are and how he could do them himself, he wanted me to make them. Took me all of about 10 minutes. My thank you notes are done and sent out, the laundry is going, and I'm too pregnant to go hiking somewhere, even though that sounds incredibly fun. Too poor to go see a movie...not hungry...I am going to go CRAZY on maternity leave. I keep hoping Matt will arrive early so the waiting will be over and hey, I certainly won't be bored!!! Okay, I am ranting, I know. I'll post later and let everyone (because I know you're sitting on the edge of your seats) know how Thanksgiving went. Oh, and because I know you've been white-knuckled with suspense, here is one of the haikus I wrote. Don't alert the Poet Laureate society yet--I have many more exquisite masterpieces buried in the cavernous genius expanse of my mind.
Matthew is my name
Kicking is my favorite game
I love causing pain!

wonderfully written, isn't it? My personal favorite:

haikus are stupid
playing to your emotions
points mostly unclear

I know, I know, I should quit my job and forgo any idea of schooling because I have discovered my talent. Once a publisher sees these, I'll never have to work again! I just don't know if I could handle the fame. And poor Matt and Sean, always having to live in my shadow. I just don't know how they'd handle it.
(and this is why I will now slowly back away from the computer and go read a book...)

1 comment:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

Oh now you have to go read my Ramblings...

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Love,
Mom