Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Rainy Day

I've pretty much given up on this blog--I stopped having things to really write about and wasn't really doing anything fun or interesting. But, I feel like it's time for an update!
There's so much and so little to report...Hmm...
Matt's talking a whole bunch now, his vocabulary is huge! He is making the tenuous leap from phrases to sentences which is taking a long time but he's almost there! He finally talks on the phone (at least to me), so next time I call maybe you can talk to Matt! His talking skills are right on target for his age and gender(almost 2 1/2 now!), although it seems like everyone else's toddlers talk a lot more! What he lacks in language skills he makes up for by far in comprehension. He can name most shapes and colors now and follow any command that's within his ability. And he wants to! He puts his dishes away without asking, can get me a specific item of clothing if I describe it, and many other cool things. I am learning more about his emerging personality--what used to be directionless energy is now forming itself into a purpose. He wants to be busy all the time and wants to help all the time. In turn I try to keep him busy with activities and trips. He is now very affectionate (yay years of forced affection is paying off!) and says sorry, please and thank you regularly. Anyway!
In March I got a settlement check from Petsmart and used it to buy a disneyland pass, so Matt had his 1st Disneyland trip on March 23rd.

Here's him looking apprehensive near the entrance. I didn't get any "iconic" Disneyland shots because he was running around too much.

Here's Matt doing something at Tarzan's tree house, or as I like to call it, the stair ride. You go up several fights of stairs, look at faux survival gear, then go back down the stairs on the opposite side into a play place for kids.

Don't I just fit in? Because you know I'm sweet as honey! Maybe honey with a few bees left in...

Here he is at the end of the night. He didn't take a nap that day...not that you can tell...

We had a great Easter. Here's some pictures and videos! (Hey, gotta make up for lost posts!)


Matt helping to dye the eggs...

Matt watches intently to make sure nothing happens to the precious eggs.

Scrunchie face!!!


Easter morning. Looks like someone awakened the green eyed monster...both of them!

Matt looks for eggs--and a rare shot of all 3 of us in a picture!

Easter Morning


And Matt having a blast hunting for the candy filled eggs.

Dana came to visit us in late January, so here's some pictures of us! For those who don't know, she's my best friend from Monterey and also Matt's aunt!

There's always one...






Yay for tilting head pictures!

And just a couple random pictures. Matt likes holding our pet snake named Jaena. He understands he has to be gentle and move very slowly.


We went to the Renfaire April 18th, but didn't really get many pictures, so here's the best one.
His Grammy Jean made Matt's outfit--you can't see but it has a gold lion embroidered on the front.

I think that about covers the things I have pictures for! I will hopefully be going to Knotts Berry Farm for my birthday, and Disneyland for Sean's. Been saving up for it! Joey is living with us again because we just weren't making it by ourselves. The kia is finally fixed and has been running for about 2 months now. We're looking at renting a house when our lease is up, something we couldn't do last year for financial reasons.
Sean is now back to working at Pizza Hut, after months of job searching for a "real" job with no luck. I am currently trying to get him a position at PetSmart. If he's going to work retail, he might as well do it in a fun laid back company that pays well!
Right now we're having a thunder and lightning storm, and I am enjoying the noises. I didn't realize we were due for one, so Matt and I got dressed this morning and went to the park. This park features a nice tall...metal...climbing structure! Sadly for him we had to leave right after we got there. I told him I don't like fried baby and he seemed to understand (ok, well he didn't struggle when we left so I take that as acquiescence).
Going to go enjoy the rest of Matt's nap now while I can. Yes, he still naps and it's wonderful!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

Thanks for posting! I was wondering what in the world was happening with you guys. Matt is HUGE and completely adorable. I hope you do move into a house, since that sounds pretty nice.

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

I don't even recognize Matt any more! He will have no clue who I am after a year. It's hard not being part of his (and your) life. Maybe sometime he will talk to the stranger on the phone (me).