Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pretzels...yum!

So, last night I tried my hand at making pretzels! It was a lot of work because they have two different bake cycles and a boiling step, but they turned out wonderfully!

We don't have any coarse salt, so I used cinnamon and sugar and they were a big hit. The only downside is some sugar that spilled on the sheet caramelized and formed a dark layer under some of them, so next time I'll be more careful.
Here's a random picture of Matt in the corner.

He gets mad when I take pictures of him in the corner and use it in humorous blog posts. Weird kid.
Last week we went to the park as a family and had lots of fun. We took Mai, and she was very happy.

Lately she hasn't gone anywhere but the vet, so this was a nice change of pace for her. I may take her again today. Ebony was just glad to be part of things.

*woof* take my good side, *woof*
And here's Matt, ever looking like the victim of domestic violence.

He actually fell and hit his cheek on the corner of the coffee table, but somehow it made a nasty black eye that took over a week to go away. It gets really old after a week answering everyone's questions about it. I finally decided to tell everyone that was where his monocle usually goes.
No word from interviewer yet, although I am not sure Sean has checked today. He is over at his Mom's fixing up the Kia.
Okay, going to go eat some pretzels! Hope everyone has a good day!!!

1 comment:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

We will find some coarse salt and you can make me some when I visit. I LOVE pretzels!! Can't wait to see you!! Love, Mom