Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Sorry!

Okay, so it's been a while since I last posted. I went back to work, and every spare moment I have I want to spend it with Sean and Matt or doing essential errands.
So, quick updates before Matt wakes up. He is smiling a lot now, and smiling in response to things I say and my tone of voice. He likes silly faces and will try to imitate them. If you talk and he is in the right mood, he'll imitate what you say with coos. He is wonderful. He had a doctor appointment last week and the doctor was extremely impressed with his "gross motor skills". He said that Matt was extremely advanced, and in his entire career as a pediatrician he had only seen 2 or 3 other babies who can do what he can do at that age. He has the motor skills of a 4 month old, and he was only 2 months. His social skills (smiling, cooing, looking at you when you speak, imitation) are totally normal and not abnormally advanced. He is in the 50th percentile with weight and height (12.5 pounds, 24 inches). He obviously is already excelling physically. The doctor was so impressed and wondered what Matt would be doing at 4 months. He said that he thinks Matt will be walking by 9 months old. I wouldn't doubt it--heck I walked at 9 months old and I don't believe I was super physically advanced. The things Matt does are totally possible for someone his age, just very rare. When the doctor held him in a standing position, Matt held all his weight on his legs for about 5 seconds. I can't wait until he can walk!
I know, everyone says that it's terrible because they get into everything, but I already have 4 animals and nothing is safe. It's not like I'm not used to it. I know everything and everywhere in my house that a baby would find interesting because my animals have kindly shown me.
He is also sleeping in his crib now. He has outgrown the bassinet. The baby monitors are coming in handy. Speaking of that, I hear Matt fussing! Maybe he'll go back to sleep....
Work has been fun. Lots of dogs, lots of work, lots of money. Not too bad.
I am thinking about starting another blog about my work as a groomer. So many interesting and weird things happen every day that it's worth writing about. We'll see. I hardly keep up with THIS blog, so it'd be stupid to start another one.
Here's some pictures I just took of him in his crib. (Yes, he was waking up, but now he's sleeping in my arms)


Anyway, going to go take a shower and put Mr. Matt back in his crib. He's doing well with that, by the way. He doesn't mind sleeping by himself. What a good kid. :-)

No comments: