Tuesday, October 03, 2006

blood!

So I went to my OB/GYN this morning, and everything is going well with Matt. He is very healthy and growing well. Unfortunatly, I'm not! She asked me if I'm tired and I replied: "Oh yeah, all the time!" She said she wanted to check if I was anemic but I denied that I was saying that no, I just work a lot and at a physically demanding job and I am already taking extra iron, etc. etc. Well she wanted to test it anyway and I am super anemic! So now I have to take the extra iron (on top of my iron-filled pre-natals), 3 times a day! At my job, I'm only grooming small dogs and I get to sit down and rest frequently as well as taking as many breaks as I want, but I thought that still, maybe that's why I'm tired. Seriously, it doesn't matter how much sleep I get, I am ALWAYS ready for a nap! I could sleep right now, and I went to bed at 9 last night and woke up at 8:20! I'm kind of relieved to find out that the reason is distinctly iron-related and taking more iron will solve the problem. Obviously I need more sleep anyway because I am pregnant, but being THIS tired is ridiculous. So that's good and bad. On a good note though, I mentioned to the doctor that I needed a note for my upcoming drill stating that I needed sleep because this drill is the airshow and that means 20 hour days for everyone because we're military police! Even though I wouldn't be assigned to a physically demanding position, I would still have to go to their 4 am formation and stay up and active until we get released at 12 am that night. I needed a note clarifying that not only can I not do physical labor I also need to be excused from formations so I can sleep. She said "oh no, you can't do that, you're going to pass out! Howabout if I just say you can't participate at all?" So now I am not going to drill, which is good, because I really hate being singled out and trying to explain why anything they are going to have me do is probably too much to handle. Especially being a female Marine which already carries with it a bad reputation of being weak and incapable--to many stupid male Marines even though I am pregnant I would just be confirming that sterotype and I hate that. Anyway, I should go because I still have some errands to run for the suprise party.

1 comment:

The Mutant Penguin Herself said...

You definitely need to make sure you take *very* good care of YOURSELF as well as Matt! You are both extremely important to me! Good doctor to catch that! Stay well! I love you! Lots! - Mom