Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Wondertastic News!

Sean got a job!!!! Yay!!! He went in for the interview yesterday and got hired on the spot. Apparently it's the "real deal"--no Cutco stuff. He will be working for a plastic surgery company in Rancho Cucamonga, maintaining this website, search engine optimization on that website, and other super cool job skills. He works with a couple other people, and he'll have lots of help and hopefully a promotion to full time is close at hand.
I am now especially planning on taking my vacation and going back east from about June 10th-24th. After going part time, I lose all my vacation time (and benefits). So if I didn't take it, that's two weeks paid vacation I missed out on. It'll be enough time to go visit everyone on both sides of the family.
I'll tell them I am going part time after I get back. Sneaky, but oh well.
The pay isn't awesome, but the experience will be! Plus I will be full time for a while yet, so we should be ok financially. The interviewer pretty much offered Sean the full time position, but stopped himself and said that he'd just see how part time went first. When he goes full time, I can go part time. In August we will probably move somewhere closer, probably Lake Elsinore or somewhere close. I just learned how to link with words, how cool am I? The real question is, what took me so long?
Okay, I'll stop.

2 comments:

Sean said...

Hmm I wonder who taught you to link text with websites... no matter =)

Lake Elsinore! It's a lake!!!!!!

Hillary said...

What great news! I hope the job goes well. Sean, I'm sure you'll do an awesome job and be promoted to full-time really quickly. But don't be shy about bringing in lots of pictures of Matt and tugging at the heartstrings a bit ("I am provider for a small child!!"), either. :)

I didn't know "Cucamonga" was a real place! Just looked at a map -- Riverside might be a nice town, home to a major university... :) (This from the woman who has lived in college towns for the last 15 or so years, so I'm kind of biased.)

Congrats!